Art IS Education Month
Art IS Education Month
Art IS Education is an annual, month-long showcase demonstrating the power of youth learning in and through the arts. Each March, during National Arts Education Month, schools, school districts and community arts organizations participate in Art IS Education, where students have opportunities to share the process through which they have learned new skills, solved problems, take risks, and persisted through obstacles, in order to express their ideas through art. Participate year-long by looking through the events on our calendar!
The Art IS Education 2017 these is Creative Voices! is an invitation for:
- Your students to tell their story about the role creativity plays in their lives to connect, inspire and make positive change in their community.
- You to share your story about how arts learning has inspired your classroom community and impacted your broader community.
- Everyone to experience the voice, vision and possibility of our youth through arts learning.
Consider using the theme as a starting point to help inspire students visions of how the arts help us explore and express our role in our community . These theme is deliberately broad so that everyone across the county can choose to explore it in their own creative way to encourage youth empowerment through art.
What is an Art IS Education Event?
Events include presentations of visual and performing arts created by K-12 students with a public gathering at a school or community site during March in Alameda County. It could be a work in progress, a hands-on experience or workshop, or a celebration of completed artwork with parents and the school community. These events create a way for students to share with their community what they are learning in and through the visuals and performing arts.
How do you make your event an Art IS Education event?
Connect it to the Art IS Education countywide celebration by naming it an Art IS Education events and posting it on our calendar. It's that easy! Also, use the calendar as a way to find out what is happening across Alameda County.
Plan an arts learning event at your school or community site! Tools and templates are available to help you create your own Art IS Education event!
- Use step-by-step guides and templates to plan and promote an event in your school or community. You can find helpful tools to prepare and promote your Art IS Education event below.
- Plan an Event (Coming soon!)
- Press Release (Coming soon!)
- Use these customizable templates to create YOUR Art IS Education 2017 poster!
- 8.5" x 11" Template or 11" x 17" Template (Coming soon!)
- Learn about Studio Habits of Mind as a way to build a common language with students, parents and colleagues.
- Use Making Learning Visible techniques to reveal the learning happening in your classroom.