The Alliance for Arts Learning Leadership
The mission of the Alameda County Office of Education’s Alliance for Arts Learning Leadership is to establish arts learning at the core of the highest quality public education, across the curriculum, for every child, in every school, every day.
About the Alliance
Our Focus on Collective Impact
The Alliance has operated on the foundational premise that no one individual or group acting in isolation can solve the complex systemic problems in public education.
In the decade since it began, the Alliance has progressed in an intentional arc: from partnerships, to collaborations, to networks of influence, towards where we are now--creating a vision and structure for collective impact. Learn more about collective impact.
Structure of the Alliance
Steering Committee Members 2014-15
Chair: Yvonne Cerrato, Alameda County Board of Education
- Carolyn Carr, Alameda County Office of Education
- Eric Engdahl, California State University – East Bay
- Derek Fenner, Alameda County Office of Education
- Charles McNeal, San Francisco Ballet
- Jessica Mele, Teaching Artists Guild
- Robin Mencher, Education & Media Learning at KQED
- Louise Music, Alameda County Office of Education
- Rachel Osajima, Alameda County Arts Commission
- Cyndy Wasko, Alameda County Office of Education
- Ann Wettrich, community member at large
If you are interested in learning more about The Alliance, how it's organized, and specific roles and responsibilities, please view our governance structure.
Alliance for Arts Learning Leadership Founding Members